Wednesday, April 13, 2011

First Visit of the Year to Chanticleer Garden

The delightful weather of early April has allowed me to visit several gardens in the Philadelphia area…

in Chestnut Hill,

in Devon,

and my all time favorite Garden…
Chanticleer in Wayne!

I have a Community Bible Study friend, Suzanne, to thank for introducing me to Chanticleer.
As our small group leader, Suzanne thought an outing might be fun for our little group and that some social time would allow us get to know one another a little better.

Thank You Suzanne for organizing that visit to Chanticleer. I can't begin to express how grateful  I am for your sharing this jewel of a garden with me.

So, last Sunday, with camera in tow, my daughter and I met up with a friend and we took in the delights of this incredible pleasure garden.

For a Sunday it was not to crowded, but then it’s still early in the season...

I don’t know how others experience their visit(s) to Chanticleer, but for me it’s the colors, texture and spaces. A walk through this pleasure garden always leaves me refreshed and restored. Even my family notices its effect on me… Now, they even tell me when I need to go visit Chanticleer.


On this first visit of the 2011 season, I learned that a new book has been published about the garden…


Adrian Higgins. Photographs by Rob Cardillo
176 pages | 10 x 7 | 92 color, 2 b/w illus.
Cloth Apr 2011 | ISBN 978-0-8122-4274-4 | $29.95

The photographs and text in this book take you through the different seasons, and moods of the garden. Can I just say… Mothers Day is coming-up!


Chanticleer is open
April – October
Wednesday – Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment